We need you!
Jag Building Group provides the opportunity to thrive in an industry that is dominating the news worldwide. We are looking for people who have the passion to work with us. We believe that our people determine the success of our company.
Construction Site Superintendent
Contact: Greg Gilder
Phone: 905-761-7999 ex 29
We are seeking an experienced Site Superintendent for construction of commercial retail and restaurant projects. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all trades and effectively managing daily onsite activities. The successful must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with design professionals, consultants and client while successfully directing the sub-contractors and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with contract documents, schedule and budget. This individual will work closely with the Project Manager and fulfill an integral role in the project.
The candidate must be professional and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the company.
- Assist Project Manager in project start up.
- Develop and schedule work assignments for required subcontractors and vendors on a daily and weekly basis to meet project schedule.
- Inspect work in progress to assure quality and contract compliance. Immediately correct any deficiencies discovered.
- Communicate with Project Manager daily of any schedule delays, labor cost overruns, subcontractor issues or other project problems.
- Maintain daily job reports. Submit copies bi-weekly to Project Manager.
- Conduct project progress meetings. Be prepared to provide input on schedule and current project issues.
- Personally comply with and enforce safety and project housekeeping requirements.
- Maintain clean, orderly, and well-organized field office standards.
- Procure job-related materials, equipment or other services.
- Properly display Emergency Aid Information, Safety, and Project related signage
- Coordinate and supervise field layout.
- Maintain “as-built” drawings for permanent record.
- Assist Project Manager, when requested, to develop quantity take-offs/cost estimates for change orders.
- Submit properly coded labor time sheets and expense reports to Office Manager on a bi-weekly basis for processing.
- Perform weekly to biweekly trade and client meetings
- Maintain project schedule and report consistently to the Project Manager
- Verify receipt of material/equipment deliveries. Submit delivery tickets to main office weekly.pre
- Maintain and build relationships with hired sub trade and clients and share knowledge and techniques to further assist with all projects.
- Complete all field-related project close out requirements within project schedule.
- 10 years of field related construction experience.
- Knowledge in basic accounting, budget estimates, scheduling and accountable for identifying and aligning all required resources to execute construction related activates.
- Have a strong background with the construction industry, including new tenant improvements, renovations, retro fits and corporate roll out programs
Construction: 10 years
Salary/ Rate of pay:
Salary to commensurate with experience.